REALbasic 2009 Release 2 is now shipping. In addition to more than 70 improvements and 18 new features, including COM automation support for Windows and support for MySQL, this release also introduces the new edition of REALbasic, REAL Studio.
COM Automation Support: Applications can take control of any other Windows application that supports COM automation.
"I really look forward to being able to use COM on Windows, since this will make my programming work a lot easier," commented Dirk Cleenwerck, a REALbasic user. "Because of the features REAL Software adds, I am able to develop much faster in REALbasic than any other programming language."
MySQL Support: The Community Edition (free) of MySQL is now officially supported.
REAL Studio Edition: To recap, REAL Studio includes:
- A license key that can be installed on any number of computers or operating systems for easier development and testing.
- The code profiler for optimizing code performance.
- IDE Scripting for build automation.
- A REAL Server unlimited connections license.
- Priority technical support.
To download your very own copy of REALbasic 2009 Release 2, please visit http://www.realsoftware.com/download today!