AUSTIN, Texas, USA (May 5, 2009) — REAL Software, creator of REALbasic, a cross-platform development tool for creating software for Mac, Windows, and Linux, today announced that REAL Server 2009 Release 1 is now shipping. REAL Server, REAL Software's cross-platform, multi-user database server, boasts greater scalability, increased performance and 8 new features, including a new architecture, restore points and full-text searching.
REAL Server is ideal for developers who need a database server to bring a single-user application to a multi-user one. REAL Server 2009 includes:
- New Architecture: REAL Server 2009 has a new, scalable architecture that supports over 10,000 concurrent connections from a single server installation. REAL Server is simple to install and easy to manage while providing extraordinary scalability.
- Improved Adaptability: REAL Server 2009 can easily adapt to use all available cores or share them with other applications and it can utilize server hardware RAM to dramatically increase the speed of queries.
- Optimized Responsiveness: REAL Server 2009 uses state-of-the-art technology provided by each supported platform to maximize performance. This allows REAL Server to work on all operations concurrently which prevents large and time-consuming operations from slowing down other users.
- Restore Points: REAL Server 2009 adds restore points that log every operation, allowing users to restore their database right up to a specific operation.
- Extendable via Plug-Ins: REAL Server 2009 includes a plug-in architecture that can extend the SQL language, which offers the ability to change how results are sorted and to create custom server commands.
- SQLite Extensions: SQLite extensions are supported in this release of REAL Server which offer users all of the new functionality others have added to SQLite, the database engine of REAL Server.
- Full-Text Searching: Full-text searching is now supported in REAL Server, making it possible to build a new class of database applications that was not possible with previous versions. Also, developers can now store huge amounts of text-based data and search through it in seconds.
- Over 60 New Commands: REAL Server 2009 adds more than 60 new commands to the 70+ commands already supported by REAL Server.
The REAL Server Developer Edition is completely free of charge and enables developers to create an application based on REAL Server without paying any fees until they are ready to deploy their application. REAL Server is available in two editions: a 5 user/connections license for $299 and an unlimited connection license for $599.
The complete list of improvements and new features in REAL Server 2009 can be found in the release notes in the product download section, http://www.realsoftware.com/download.