I've talked with a lot of users lately about our validation process and subsequent prompts for 8 digit codes. Validation of your REAL Studio license will happen whenever you enter a key into the registration dialog, revalidation happens every 90 days. If you are online and using REAL Studio 2010r2 or later validation and revalidation will happen quickly and automatically.
If you are not there are a few different reasons you may be prompted for an 8 digit code when validating your REAL Studio license key.
1. You are working offline.
2. You are working behind a proxy server or firewall. In most cases this happens to users trying to validate from schools, universities and secure work environments and your REAL Studio is unable to communicate fast enough with our system.
3. You are using a version released prior to REAL Studio 2010r2. For more details on this visit Geoff's earlier post.
So how to do you get an 8 digit code?
1. Follow the instructions on the splash screen and call US Customer Service at 1.866.825.2114 during business hours 8:30 am - 5:30 pm CST.
2. Email Customer Service. Make sure to include the license key you are validating. We know how valuable your time is, if you are prompted for an 8 digit code outside of business hours or on a weekend please indicate "8 digit code" in the subject of your email. We will do our best to reply as promptly as possible.
3. You can also contact any of our partners around the world via email or phone.
You have an 8 digit code but get an error when you try and use it.
As a security measure we have implemented a 2 minute wait time between when REAL Studio prompts you for the 8 digit code and when you click Continue. You must wait at least 2 minutes at the screen requesting the 8 digit code or you will receive an error message when you click Continue. If you do receive this error message simply click Back, wait the 2 minutes and click Continue again.
Once you have validated with the 8 digit code your usage should not be interrupted again on that machine. Revalidation will not prevent usage if you do not have an internet connection or are using an older release, it will simply be delayed until later.
We appreciate your patience with this process. We have plans to make this easier to our users in the future and look forward to implementing those changes. In the meantime, if you have questions or comments please contact Customer Service.