Real Studio 2011 Release 1 is now shipping. Adding 35 new features and 114 improvements, this release features easier deployment of web applications, improved HTMLViewer support and major advancements in Cocoa support.
* Web application deployment with Real Studio is now just as easy as creating the app itself! We are now offering a new CGI build option that outputs a Perl script. This script is placed in the cgi-bin folder, allowing for easier web deployment and more hosting service options.
* RealSQLDatabase now has a new MultiUser property that lets web applications allow multiple users to access a RealSQLDatabase file at the same time. This may eliminate the need for some web applications to require a database server.
* A new, native Microsoft SQL Server plugin has been added. This plugin supports Windows only.
* This release includes a huge number of improvements to Real Studio’s Cocoa framework.
* Improved HTMLViewer support offers the options to get/set custom user agent strings and increase/decrease the font size.
* The WebListBox now has a CellClick event (just like the desktop Listbox). It also now has Cell and Column Style properties allowing or greater control over the look and behavior of cells.
The new DragPicture property lets you use an image for dragging.
Real Studio 2011 Release 1 is now available for download at, our Downloads page. For full details about what’s in this release view the product Release Notes.